Daycare Jobs in Kenosha
Daycare Job Opportunities
Are you looking for an exciting job opportunity? Do you hate working nights and weekends? Do you crave flexibility and fun on a daily basis? Then you have to check out our daycare jobs in Kenosha! Extended Love Child Development Center has an exciting, fulfilling career opportunity available! We are looking for qualified daycare teachers to join our team! When you work at Extended Love, you will be surrounded by a supportive team of caregivers with a common goal: to educate and love the children of the Pleasant Prairie area. Our daycare providers are the heartbeat of our Center. We believe quality staff is the key to the optimal growth and development of children and are always looking for excited staff to join our team! Please take some time to learn more about the different sessions and programs we provide to our daycare families.
Duties & Responsibilities
Many teachers at ELCDC have associate degrees in early childhood. We also have many staff members with bachelor’s degrees. We employ students of several universities around the area, many of whom are working toward teaching degrees and nursing degrees. Each daycare teacher is carefully paired to a classroom that will allow them to exhibit their strengths. All staff members collaborate together to plan and implement activities and organize the room for the children.
- High school diploma or GED or completion of the DPI-approved Assistant Childcare Teacher Course
- Successfully completed hiring packet and all state-required paperwork for the position
- Apply for or have obtained a “Certificate of Achievement” from the Registry, if needed
- Have satisfactory completed one non-credit, department-approved course in early childhood education or its equivalent at an institution of higher education, or is enrolled in that course within six months of accepting this position
- Have completed the “Shaken Baby Syndrome” prevention training prior to first day of work
- Obtain and maintain a current certificate of completion for Infant and Child CPR
- demonstrate initiative, ability to be flexible, and have a good teamwork approach
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and pre-planned center activities
- Maintain any and all state-mandated requirement as well as any processional development in-services
- Hours: Open 6:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Shift Options: 6:30-4:30; 7:00-5:00; 7:30-5:30
- Full and Part-time availability: 2, 3, or 4-day options
Pay is based on education and experience.
Starting wage – $13.00
Wage goes up from there based on a variety of criteria
- Bring Your Child To Work Day – Everyday
- $1 per hour child care ($10 per day per child)
- 1 year of employment = 1 week of vacation (equivalent to your average hours worked)
- 3 years of employment = 2 weeks of vacation
- 5 years of employment = 3 weeks of vacation
- Paid Holidays (Christmas, Thanksgiving, Day after, New Year’s Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Memorial Day )
- No Evenings, No Weekends, No Holidays
- Free Food
- Casual Dress Code
- Flexible Schedule
Staff is Key at our Child Care Center
At Extended Love, we believe that staff is key to the daycare environment! We want the best for our families, and that means the best staff! Click through to see our qualifications, hours, pay, and benefits! If you have more questions, please feel free to call and talk more about the daycare job opportunity at Extended Love. If you’re ready to apply, fill out the form below and someone will get back to you as soon as possible! We look forward to meeting you!